Ok, who else can’t believe that it’s already December? I feel like 2017 has flown by, but I sure do love the holiday season. There’s just something special about all the pretty Christmas decorations everywhere, and I’ve got the trees up and the lights on at my house!
This year, I spend a lot of time traveling, whether it was a weekend away or a trip that we had planned for a while. Through all of my jetting off for the weekend, I found a few staples for the girl on the go. And I found a few things that would make seriously good gifts for your favorite traveler this Christmas!
My Travel Must-Haves
- Collapsible Sunglasses: I always have sunglasses with me, and this space-saving pair goes straight into my bag on every trip. I’m a chronic over-packer, so the less space that my sunglasses take up, the better. (I’ve already got enough going on in my bag!)
- A Great Suitcase: This is especially important if you’re flying. When I’m driving, I don’t stress as much about getting everything in one bag. BUT if I’m flying, I try as hard as I can to fit everything in a carry-on. My little gold carry-on is oh-so-stylish and the perfect size for a weekend away.
- An Oversized Blanket Scarf: You never know if you’ll be hot or cold when you’re on the road, and especially when you’re at the airport. I love bringing along this big, black & gray blanket scarf to wrap up in if I get chilly.
- Kindle: I love to get lost in a good book, but I don’t want to carry around heavy books when I’m on the go. I mean, who knows how many books I have access to with this baby in my bag?
- The Right Tote: I carry this tote ALL. THE. TIME. It’s the perfect size to carry what would be in my purse plus my computer, Kindle, and planner (with some room leftover!)
- Comfortable Shoes: Can I get an amen? Sore feet are the worst, so I always prioritize wearing my most comfortable shoes to travel. These sneakers get worn on trips pretty regularly, and it certainly doesn’t hurt that they’re so cute!
- A Cute Passport Cover: When I first got my passport, the first thing I did was find a passport cover that I loved. I know it’s not a necessity, but it’ll protect it and this one is pretty much perfect.
- A Compact Jacket: This lightweight jacket rolls up and fits into a little bag–it’s a perfect way to save some space when you’re packing. I keep mine in my car unless I’m moving it to my suitcase!
- Wireless Headphones: I never knew how much I needed wireless headphones until I got a pair! This pretty pair stays in my purse for every day use, not just when I’m traveling.
- A Travel Journal: A travel journal is a really great way to document all of your trips, and save little things that you pick up along the way like ticket stubs or snapshots.
- A Compact Camera: This is a great, budget-friendly compact camera for traveling. Before I picked one up, I traveled with my DSLR and it was a bit of a struggle. This little guy fits in most of my purses and takes great photos.
- A Portable Charger: Who else feels like their phone battery is always dying when you’re out exploring? I’m constantly snapping photos or listening to music, so my portable charger is a regular life-saver.
- Unique Luggage Tags: Unique luggage tags are a great way to keep an eye on your bags, but they are also just a neat gift. These handmade leather tags would certainly make a great stocking stuffer.
- A Nice Water Bottle: I always have a water bottle with me, whether I’m headed on a road trip or hopping on a plane. Most airports have water bottle filling fountains now, so you can save some money too!
- A Good Backpack: I almost always toss this backpack into my suitcase for my trips. It’s got plenty of pockets (even a charging pocket for your phone + portable charger) without being too big. Plus it matches everything!