It can be so easy to fall out of a regular workout routine. I’m definitely guilty of pushing my workouts down the to-do list, but there are so many benefits to getting active. Of course, you’ve got to find a workout that makes you want to move. That could be yoga, running, walking, HIIT, barre classes, or so many other things. Maybe you stick to something simple like walking, or need to mix things up and try different classes so that you don’t get bored with your workout. Whatever workout makes you feel good, do that.
5 Reasons to Have a Fitness Routine
1. Get Happy We all know that quote from Legally Blonde, right? “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy.” Whether you are doing yoga, going for a walk, kickboxing, or running, your favorite form of exercise will make you feel happier. Personally, I like to mix things up: harder workouts like running and cycling in the early mornings and a yoga class or an easy walk with friends in the evening.
2. De-Stress One of my favorite stress relieving workouts is the Fight Club (contact kickboxing) at our local gym. I mean, who doesn’t want to punch something every once in a while? And then there’s practicing yoga, whether it’s an at-home video, or a class at the gym, I always end up feeling relaxed after a little bit of yoga.
3. Boost Your Confidence I always feel so much better about myself when I’m in a regular fitness routine. Our bodies were built to be used, so it makes sense (at least to me) that we would feel more confident when we are putting our them to work.
4. Feel More Energized This is especially true for me when I go to the gym in the mornings before work. This is a new thing for me, because I’m really not a morning person. But, for Lent this year I gave up “sleeping in during the week,” so I’ve been dropping by the gym during that time and I definitely have more energy throughout the rest of the day.
5. Get Some Rest Getting exercise, oddly enough, can help you get more rest. When I get out of a regular workout routine, I find that I have trouble falling asleep, but when I’m getting in some form of exercise that becomes more of a rarity. (Unless I drink coffee after about 4:00 p.m.) Plus, I feel more rested, even if I’m not getting in any more hours of sleep.
What’s your favorite benefit of sticking to a workout routine (and what’s your favorite way to work out)?
What I’m Wearing