A couple of weeks ago, I spent a weekend in Orlando soaking up a little sun (and a little bit of magic) with two of my closest girlfriends. This trip, we were lucky enough to stay at the new Margaritaville Resort in one of their cottages. Those cottages are a perfect spot for a weekend away! Plus, it’s just a quick 10-minute shuttle ride from the property to Disney World! We spent time at Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. And some time relaxing at the cottage, and by one of the lovely pools on the property.
Where to Stay: Margaritaville Resort Cottages Orlando
When you make your way on the Margaritaville Resort property, you immediately feel like you’re on a beach vacation. On the resort property there’s a great spa, multiple pools, and a few different restaurants and bars. (When you stay in the cottages, you have access to the resort amenities, too!)
One of my favorite things about the Margaritaville Resort Cottages Orlando? The full kitchen in the cottage. We enjoyed being able to stock the fridge with a few of our favorite things. We had the option to enjoy our breakfast and morning coffee in the kitchen. Plus, you can save a little money by eating a meal or two at the cottage instead of eating out.
The cottage we stayed in (3067 Key Lime Loop) is a part of the “License to Chill” collection at Margaritaville Resort Orlando Cottages. This one has enough room for six people to sleep, a full kitchen, and a patio with a private hot tub. Each of us got to have our own space (and our own bathroom). We travel together a couple of times a year (at least). And we are used to all staying in one hotel room! There’s nothing like having your own space to retreat to when you’re traveling.
Every morning when I woke up, I tiptoed into the kitchen and got a big cup of coffee. Then I got right back in the middle of bed in my room to enjoy it. (And to catch up on the news and social media.) I don’t know about you, but that is a pretty good way to start the morning!
Things to Do During a Stay at Margaritaville Resort Cottages Orlando
- Disney World Parks: When in Orlando, right? We took the resort shuttle service to Epcot on Friday to wander around. And on Saturday we went to Hollywood Studios on Saturday to get in a few good thrill rides, too.
- Spend some time at the pool: Margaritaville Resort has a few different pools on property. There’s even a “beach” by one of the pools! You’ve got to get in some beach time in Florida, right?
- Do a Little Shopping: The Margaritaville property also includes a shopping and dining area called Sunset Walk. You can wander around, do some shopping, and grab a cocktail and/or a bite to eat. I’d recommend trying to beat the heat with a shaved ice from Bahama Buck’s while you wander through Sunset Walk.
- Eat: If you’re staying at the Margaritaville Resort Cottages, head up to the resort if you want to eat out. There are three different restaurants (Euphoria, On Vacation, and The Salty Rim) to choose from! Or, you can pick up something from the grab & go shop (Provisions) and find a place for a picnic.
- Relax: Relaxing when you’re so close to all the hustle of theme parks and shopping sounds a little crazy. BUT the cottages are a great retreat. It’s quiet, and you can curl up on the couch or in your bed in front of a big TV. Or book a treatment at the St. Somewhere Spa. Or grab a beach towel and head to the pool with a good book.