My Favorite Mixed Berry Acai Bowl
I love smoothies. I’m sure I’ve said that before, and I know I’ve shared smoothie recipes before (like my favorite peanut-buttery green smoothie). Having an acai bowl for breakfast has become a pretty regular thing for me. Since I started my first round of FASTer Way to Fat Loss, I’ve really learned a lot about how I eat…and about my carb intake. Oddly enough, getting enough carbs in is really pretty tough for me! I always find myself grabbing some extra fruit, sometimes even when I’ve already had a smoothie that day. But, one of my favorite things about the program is that I can have a smoothie practically every day! And it’s already seriously hot outside here, so a daily smoothie is SO refreshing.
I’ve recently really enjoyed breaking my fast with a big ol’ Acai Bowl, and I’ve had a couple of others in the program request my recipe. It’s a really easy one to mix up and so filling—especially once you add all of your favorite toppings. Of course, this isn’t just a good for people who are in the FASTer Way program…I mean, I’d eat this Acai Bowl for breakfast no matter what!
As for the toppings, pick your favorites. Mine always depend on what fresh fruit I’ve got on hand. Lately, It’s been fresh strawberries & blackberries, almond butter, and my favorite almond sesame granola. Some days it’s just a little granola and some days it’s chocolate granola! You could add chia seeds, coconut flakes, sliced bananas…so many possibilities. Anyway…on to the recipe!
Love smoothies as much as I do? You can find all my smoothie recipes right here (and I’ll be adding some even more smoothie recipes soon!)
Mixed Berry Acai Bowl
- 1 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries
- 1 Packet Frozen Acai, unsweeted (I get mine at Trader Joe's)
- 1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt, nonfat
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Scoop Collagen Powder (optional)
- Various Toppings (I usually add extra berries, a little granola, and almond butter)
- Add all ingredients into the blender, and blend to desired consistency. (I like to double-blend my smoothies since I like them extra smooth.)
- If your mixture is too thick, add a little more almond milk or water.
- Pour into a big bowl and top with granola, sliced berries, almond butter, and any other toppings.