It may just be me, but once December hits, it’s all peppermint, all the time. We found the MOST delicious peppermint stick coffee a couple of weeks ago, so we’ve been getting our fix around here, especially since I whipped up this delightful little Christmas cookies recipe of peppermint madeleines. I made Red Velvet Madeleines this past Valentine’s day, and I’ve been itching to try a new flavor ever since. So when I decided to get in on The Sweetest Season Cookie Exchange, I just knew it had to be peppermint.
If you’re a fan of delicately sweet tea cakes, you’ll be a fan of madeleines. They’re light, sweet, and oh-so-soft. Perfect little peppermint pillows, I say. And boy are they perfect paired with a cup of coffee. I’ve got to get these things out of my house—when you work from home, sweet treats staring at you from the kitchen counter are a terrible temptation!
These little pretties look gorgeous simply dusted with a little bit of powdered sugar, but I opted to drizzle on a little glaze and sprinkle them with crushed soft peppermints to make them a little more festive (I’m also terribly tempted to drizzle them with dark chocolate, but I stuck to keeping everything peppermint this time around). This Christmas cookies recipe is so easy to put together, and really the flavor options are endless!
The Sweetest Season
It’s the perfect time of year for a ton of great Christmas cookie recipe, & I’ve teamed up with 50 other bloggers to bring you The Sweetest Season’s Sweetest Cookie Giveaway! We’ve put together an incredible cookie baking prize package, and we can’t wait to tell you more about it.
row two: The Speckled Palate | The Gift of Gab | think fruitful | Majorly Delicious | Sugar Dish Me | An Oregon Cottage | A Savory Feast | The Foodie Patootie | Twin Stripe | Hidden Fruits and Veggies
row three: Appeasing a Food Geek | DC Girl in Pearls | Bessie Bakes | Brunch with Joy | Cooking With Libby | 2 Cookin Mamas | Lou Lou Biscuit | Me and My Pink Mixer | Wetherills Say I Do | The Little Epicurean |
row four: The Emotional Baker | Cake ‘n Knife | Glisten and Grace | Meredith Noelle | The Secret Ingredient [is love] | SammaSpot | Hey There Sunshine | Natasha Red Blog | Flavors & Sabores | Macheesmo
row five: Beer Girl Cooks | My California Roots | Butchers Niche | The Skinny Pot | Sustaining the Powers | Feast + West | Not Your Average Southern Belle | Vanilla And Bean | Our Life Inspired | That Square Plate
Be sure to check out our blogs to see all of our cookie recipes throughout the week! We’re using the hashtag #sweetestseasoncookies on social media this week, and we’re joining even more bloggers baking cookies, so it’s going to be a grand time!
Now, on to the giveaway!
A whopping 51 bloggers teamed up to bring you an awesome cookie-centric giveaway! We picked out a stand mixer and other goodies to make baking this season go smoothly. And, a big thank you goes out to the generous sponsors who helped with The Sweetest Season by organizing, as well as providing products to the participating bloggers and donating some incredible prizes for our giveaway! Be sure to check out Imperial Sugar, Dixie Crystals, Bob’s Red Mill, Cabot Creamery and The Crumby Cupcake for lots of great recipe ideas. And check out Garnishing Co., who designed our graphics.
We’re giving away The Sweetest Cookie Prize Pack, and it is worth $690! See the Rafflecopter below to enter to win this amazing set of cookie baking goodies. The prize pack includes:
- One KitchenAid 5-Qt. Artisan Design Series Stand Mixer with Glass Bowl in Sugar Pearl Silver // $315 value
- One $50 Bob’s Red Mill gift card and one exclusive set of Bob’s Red Mill products: One 5-lb. bag Organic All Purpose Flour, one 5-lb. bag Organic Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, one 40-oz. bag Almond Meal, one 28-oz. bag Sparkling Sugar, one 28-oz. bag Cane Sugar // $95 value
- Two 4-lb. bags of Imperial Sugar/Dixie Crystals granulated sugar, one My First Cookbook and a silicone baking mat // $50 value
- Coupons for $40 worth of Cabot Creamery products, including butter and yogurt // $40 value
- One OXO Good Grips 5-Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl // $35 value
- One Jenaluca Stainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop // $33 value
- One 2-piece Calphalon Nonstick Baking Sheet Set // $30 value
- One 10” x 15” Stainless Steel Metal Cooling Rack // $25 value
- One 7-piece OXO Good Grips Multi-colored Nesting Measuring Beaker Set // $20 value
- One GIR: Get It Right Ultimate Spatula in Gray // $19 value
- One 5-piece R & M Snowflake Cookie Cutter Set // $10 value
- One OXO Good Grips 11” Balloon Whisk // $10 value
- One OXO Good Grips Silicone Cookie Spatula // $8 value
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times, up to 65 total entries by following the giveaway sponsors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the information as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CST. One winner will be chosen at random and e-mailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $690. Prizes listed above are the only ones available.
- Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of December 5, 2015.
- To read all giveaway terms and conditions, visit the giveaway terms and conditions page or click the option in the Rafflecopter below to review them.
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Crushed Soft Peppermints Optional
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Mix together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and butter until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Combine the two mixtures, blending well with an electric mixer.
- Spoon the batter into each well of a madeleine pan.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, promptly removing from the pan and onto a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before serving.
- (Optional) Drizzle with glaze and sprinkle with crushed soft peppermints.
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Tbsp Milk
Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.