It’s Popcorn Week for me and a few of my fellow bloggers. We’ve been planning this for a few weeks now, and it took me a while to figure out just what I wanted to make. Somehow I landed on making S’mores Popcorn…or S’mores Popcorn Bites. Well, my first batch failed miserably. I added too much dark chocolate too soon and it melted, plus they looked terrible. So, I started from scratch and decided to base my recipe on a good, gooey rice krispy treat, made with popcorn, of course. I tested them out at our 4th of July cookout and the crew gave them a great review!
But really, who doesn’t wish for a grab and go version of an all-American s’more? The slightly salty popcorn paired with dark chocolate, marshmallows, and honey graham crackers makes for a tasty little treat. Of course, you could always whip these up using regular old Hershey bars, but I’m a dark chocolate lover and I went straight for those dark chocolate chunks when I picked up my ingredients.
I teamed up with 14 other bloggers to share innovative popcorn recipes with you and to bring you an eye-popping popcorn giveaway. We’re using the hashtag #popcornisforbloggers on social media this week. Check out everyone’s blogs to see their popcorn recipes throughout the week:
Tabasco Honey Butter Popcorn — The Speckled Palate
Cookie Butter Popcorn Cupcakes — The Crumby Cupcake
Mexican Chocolate Popcorn — Macheesmo
Unicorn Popcorn Rocky Road — The Sugar Hit
Snickers Popcorn — Cake ‘n Knife
Birthday Cake Oreo Popcorn — Club Narwhal
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Popcorn — Feast + West
Loaded Candy Bar Popcorn — Sugar Dish Me
Matcha Popcorn Milkshakes — Brunch with Joy
Vegan Caramel Corn Cacao Nib Popcorn — Twin Stripe
S’Mores Popcorn Treats — Hey There Sunshine
Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake with Caramel Corn Crumb Topping — bethcakes
Caramel Corn Pistachio Ice Cream Sandwiches — Meredith Noelle
Caramel-Masala Popcorn with Pistachios — Love & Flour
Vegan Almond Joy Popcorn — The Frosted Vegan
We’re giving away a big movie night prize pack that’s worth more than $115! See the Rafflecopter below to enter to win this amazing set. The prize pack includes:
- A West Bend Professional On-Demand Hot-Air Popcorn Popper // $80 value
- Two 27-ounce bags Bob’s Red Mill White Popcorn Kernels // $7.38 value
- Two 27-ounce bags Bob’s Red Mill Yellow Popcorn Kernels // $7.78 value
- One 8-ounce jar Cabot Cheddar Cheese Shake // $6.95 value
- And a $15 gift card to Amazon.com!
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times, up to 18 additional entries by following the giveaway sponsors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the info as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Friday, July 17, 2015 at 10 a.m. EST. One winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $117. Prizes shown in the graphic are the only ones available.
- Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of July 6, 2015.