I don’t know about you, but I don’t think I’ve ever actually completed my reading challenge on Goodreads. Seeing as I’ve been using it for SEVEN YEARS, that’s not a great track record. However, thanks to being in “quarantine” since March I might actually make it this year. I’m currently one book behind on this year’s challenge (but I can’t decide which one to start next!) In this post you’ll find my current summer reading list…though it’s been summer for a while now. *If you want to see what was on my quarantine reading list, you can find it right here.
I just finished up The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett, so now I’m trying to choose what’s next. Though I might choose Moonlight Becomes You. It’s a bit on an outlier from the rest of the list, but I’ll tell you why it’s there: it was my favorite Mary Higgins Clark book when I was young. I read it over and over again when I was visiting my great aunt’s house…so many times that she gave me her copy. She passed away suddenly when I was in college, so it’s a special book to me. I couldn’t find it for years, and when I saw my parents recently, my mom had it on the shelf for me to bring home. So, basically I just feel the need to re-read that one. Alright, enough with the chatter, here’s the list:
My 2020 Summer Reading List:
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett (just finished this one!)
- Stamped from the Beginning by Ibram X. Kendi
- In Five Years by Rebecca Serle
- Long Bright River by Liz Moore
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- Moonlight Becomes You by Mary Higgins Clark
- Code Name Helene by Ariel Lawhon
- Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore
- The Girl with the Louding Voice by Abi Dare
- Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid
Looking for more bookish content? You can find it here.