How to Make a Tropical Cherry Smoothie Bowl
Here we go again with another smoothie recipe, y’all. I love, love, love a good smoothie bowl and I’m sure I’ve said that before. This time, instead of acai I decided to try my hand at a pitaya bowl! These are made with dragonfruit, which is what makes them turn pink! I didn’t put much dragonfruit in this recipe, so it’s a little lighter than most, but you’ll see really bright magenta pitaya bowls!
This was the first time I’ve tried making a smoothie (or a bowl) using cherries, but I really enjoyed the outcome. I used “dark sweet cherries” in this recipe, so it gave it a little more sweetness than I’m used to in a smoothie bowl. Usually I choose more tart or tangy fruits for my smoothie recipes, but the cherries tone down the tart and give this one that extra sweetness. Pitaya smoothie bowls are a great base to put together because dragonfruit’s flavor isn’t overpowering. Mango and pineapple are two of my go-to smoothie fruits, and they make a great tropical smoothie. Add a little dragonfruit and those cherries, and you’ve got a pretty pink tropical cherry smoothie bowl!
Tropical Cherry PItaya Bowl
- 1/2 cup Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 1/2 cup Frozen Mango Chunks
- 1/2 cup Frozen Dark Sweet Cherries
- 1/2 cup Frozen Pitaya (Dragonfruit)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt, nonfat
- 1 scoop Collagen Peptides
- Add all ingredients to blender. Blend until it reaches the desired consistency and transfer to a bowl.
- Top with your favorite toppings (I use granola, chia seeds, fresh berries, and fresh mango.)