I’m sure by now you can see just how much I like to make smoothies. I have a smoothie almost every single day to get in lots of extra fruit. I tend to stick to a few of my favorite smoothie recipes, like this mixed berry acai bowl. So, I wanted to come up with something new and thought something beachy like a pina colada smoothie recipe might just be perfect. (Anyone else daydreaming about a trip to the beach?)
I made this recipe multiple times before I got it right, and I love how it turned out. The coconut Greek yogurt really makes all the difference in the world! I made it first with plain Greek yogurt and it worked, but not quite tropical enough. If you want to make it completely dairy-free, you can use non-dairy coconut yogurt!
Another note, I used plain collagen powder in this recipe (I try to use a scoop every day to get a little extra protein and all the other health benefits), but I also tried using this vanilla coconut collagen protein and it was really good in the recipe! I had a few packets of the protein powder, but I keep a big bag of unflavored collaged in the house and use it more often in smoothie recipes.
Ok, no more chit-chat…here’s the pina colada smoothie recipe:
Tropical Pina Colada Smoothie
- 1 Blender
- 1.25 cup Frozen Pineapple
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 0.5 cup Coconut Milk
- 0.25 cup Coconut Flavored Greek Yogurt
- 1 scoop Protein Powder or Collagen Powder optional
- Add all ingredients into your blender. I like to layer mine: coconut milk, yogurt, powder ingredients, then pineapple and banana.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into your favorite bowl (if you want to make a smoothie bowl) and top with fresh pineapple and granola.